Improving Mental Health in the Workplace
Improving Mental Health at Work
Corporate Mentality are dedicated to helping West Midlands & Black Country based SME’s manage mental health at work issues.
We offer expertise in Mental Healthcare Management, Corporate Governance, Health & Safety as well as the provision of high quality Training and support and can help your business manage all aspects of a healthy working life.
Why Manage Work Related Stress?
The latest estimates (2016) from the Labour Force Survey (LFS – Office of National Statistics) show:
- The total number of cases of work related stress, depression or anxiety in 2015/16 was 488,000 cases, a prevalence rate of 1510 per 100,000 workers. (1.51%)
- The number of new cases was 224,000, an incidence rate of 690 per 100,000 workers. (0.7%)
- The total number of working days lost due to this condition in 2015/16 was 11.7 million days. This equated to an average of 23.9 days lost per case.
- In 2015/16 stress accounted for 37% of all work related ill health cases and 45% of all working days lost due to ill health.
- Stress is more prevalent in public service industries, such as education; health and social care; and public administration and defence.
- By occupation, jobs that are common across public service industries (such as healthcare workers; teaching professionals; business, media and public service professionals) show higher levels of stress as compared to all jobs.
- The main work factors cited by respondents as causing work related stress, depression or anxiety (LFS) were workload pressures, including tight deadlines and too much responsibility and a lack of managerial support.
The Case for Managing Mental Health at Work
Tackling work related stress should not just be seen as a legal obligation; there are also a range of other benefits, including:
* Reduced cost of absence, including sick pay, sickness cover, overtime and recruitment *
* Improved workplace morale, better working relationships and increased employee satisfaction *
* Increased productivity, through employees being healthier, happier and better motivated *
* Protection from reputation being damaged or the financial costs of prosecution or litigation *
Our Core Services
We deliver off-site & on-site training programmes to educate your stakeholders about Mental Health Issues.
The Resilient Minds Course teaches you how to identify and change limiting beliefs around work related stress.
Copyright & Statistical Information
This website contains public sector information published by the Health and Safety Executive and licensed under the Open Government Licence.