Managing Mental Health in the Workplace
Managing Mental Health at Work
Corporate Mentality are dedicated to helping West Midlands & Black Country based SME’s manage mental health at work issues.
Our Thriving at Work Training course is designed to help you and your staff develop a range of strategies & coping skills to deal more effectively with work related stress and other mental health challenges associated with contemporary work environments.
We offer expertise in Mental Healthcare Management, Corporate Governance, Health & Safety as well as the provision of high quality Training and a range of industry standard support services to help your business thrive in all domains where people performance is critical.
Why Manage Work Related Stress?
The latest estimates (2016) from the Labour Force Survey (LFS – Office of National Statistics) show:
- The total number of cases of work related stress, depression or anxiety in 2015/16 was 488,000 cases, a prevalence rate of 1510 per 100,000 workers. (1.51%)
- The number of new cases was 224,000, an incidence rate of 690 per 100,000 workers. (0.7%)
- The total number of working days lost due to this condition in 2015/16 was 11.7 million days. This equated to an average of 23.9 days lost per case.
- In 2015/16 stress accounted for 37% of all work related ill health cases and 45% of all working days lost due to ill health.
- Stress is more prevalent in public service industries, such as education; health and social care; and public administration and defence.
- By occupation, jobs that are common across public service industries (such as healthcare workers; teaching professionals; business, media and public service professionals) show higher levels of stress as compared to all jobs.
- The main work factors cited by respondents as causing work related stress, depression or anxiety (LFS) were workload pressures, including tight deadlines and too much responsibility and a lack of managerial support.
Our Core Services
Thriving at work is our Stress management programme which focuses on modifying self-limiting paradigms.
Yew Tree Court
Approved provider of Stress Management & Resilience training services to Sandwell & West Birmingham NHS Clinical Commissioning Group .
Copyright & Statistical Information
This website contains public sector information published by the Health and Safety Executive and licensed under the Open Government Licence.