HSE Management Standards
What are the HSE Management Standards?
HSE’s Management Standards represent a set of conditions that, if present:
- Demonstrate good practice through a step-by-step risk assessment approach
- Allow assessment of the current situation using pre-existing data, surveys and other techniques
- Promote active discussion and working in partnership with employees and their representatives, to help decide on practical improvements that can be made
- Help simplify risk assessment for work-related stress by identifying the main risk factors
- Help employers focus on the underlying causes and their prevention
- Provide a yardstick by which organisations can gauge their performance in tackling the key causes of stress
They cover six key areas of work design that, if not properly managed, are associated with poor health (anxiety and depression), lower productivity and increased accident and sickness absence rates.
They are the principal causes of work related stress.
The Management Standards Approach Focuses On:
- Demands – this includes issues such as workload, work patterns and the work environment
- Control – how much say the person has in the way they do their work
- Support – this includes the encouragement, sponsorship and resources provided by the organisation, line management and colleagues
- Relationships – this includes promoting positive working to avoid conflict and dealing with unacceptable behaviour
- Role – whether people understand their role within the organisation and whether the organisation ensures that they do not have conflicting roles
- Change – how organisational change (large or small) is managed and communicated in the organisation
To effectively implement the Management Standards approach it is essential that you ensure the resource, support and infrastructure for the project is in place in your organisation.
Many businesses find that making the time and resources available for such an implementation is highly prohibitive. TranceForm Psychology Business Services can alleviate this potential headache for you by taking over complete management of the project ensuring that your company is able to carry on with its prime activities in the full knowledge that the standards will be met (assuming a full cooperation with your organisation of course)!
Our core delivery team has extensive business experience as well as highly targeted qualifications, with Paul being a practicing psychologist, therapist, Science Gradute and NEBOSH NGC Level 3 Health & Safety Technician, whilst Steve Pearcey is a Fellow of the Institute of Leadership & management with a degree in business management.
Management Standards Assessment
If you are interested in getting your business formally ‘risk assessed’ to determine if adoption of the HSE management standards is appropriate for your business in order to manage work related stress, then please do get in touch.
Our risk assessment activity costs £750 (for a full day – depending on the size of your organisation) which will provide you with a full assessment report allowing you to make a fully considered decision about deployment or not and your current position in terms of legal duty of care compliance. If you decide to go ahead with Corporate Mentality as process managers, the cost of the assessment day will be deducted from the overall project cost.
You can e-mail Paul on: email@example.com
Call our offices in Wombourne: 01902 897286 (we use BT truecall so please do leave your name and a message)
Yew Tree Court
Approved provider of Stress Management & Resilience training services to Sandwell & West Birmingham NHS Clinical Commissioning Group .
Copyright & Statistical Information
This website contains public sector information published by the Health and Safety Executive and licensed under the Open Government Licence.